IT - Information Technology Enabled Services
Introduction of the Sector
In today's digital era Information and Communication Technology have become one of the basic requirements of soceity. It is difficult to think of any events without the use of digital devices. ITeS sector includes IT services, engineering design, R & D services and BPO services. IT includes a wide variety of operations that uses information technology to improve the efficiency of any oerganization. ITeS service are delivered over telecom or data network to a range of external business areas. The changing economic and business conditions, rapid technological innovation, the proliferation of the internet and globalization are creating an increasingly competitive environment. The role off technology has evolved from supporting corporations to transforming them. All these factors have made IT-ITeS a competent vertical among others.
Post Graduation Diploma in Computer Application
Eligibility for Admission
The students who have successfully completed graduation in any stream or equivalent course are eligible to take admission.
Considering the work integrated approach adopted by TISS: SVE the industry will be open to employ the students attached with them for the purpose of training as full time employees. Undergoing the Post-Graduation Diploma in Computer Applications will give the students, an upper hand in comparison to others as they will receive additional specialized training as follows:
- Basic understanding of computer and its terminology
- Manage, co-ordinate and resolve incidents as quickly as possible at primary support level
- Dealing with basic service requests and incidents at the IT helpdesk
- Build and maintain positive and effective relationships with customers
- Problem-solving approaches in different situations
- Select appropriate technology to use to develop any given application
- Background knowledge of programming languages such as C#, MVC etc.
- Skills of Accounting and Financial Management
- Plan and organizing the work in order to complete it to the required standards on time
- Work effectively with colleagues, either in own work group or in other work groups within organization
- Analyze inputs from appropriate people to identify, resolve and record design defects and inform future designs
- Develop basic programming structures to implement functionality
Career Prospects/Job Role
PGDCA students can get in to job roles like Software Engineer, Computer Programmer & Analyst, Interface Engineer, Java Developer, Project Manager, Information Security Analyst and IT Consultant
Semester-wise Listing of Courses
||Fundamentals of Computers and Information Technology
||Advance Office Automation
||Operating System - Windows
||Web Application Development with ASP.NET, MVC and C#
||Fundamentals of E-Commerce
||Basics of HTML and CSS - I
||Web Marketing Analytics
||Database Management Systems
||Search Engine Optimization
||Accounting and Financial Management
||Work Management and Health & Safety at Work Place
Note: Laptop / Desktop is recommended for the programme.
*The skill training component is 50% to 60% ranging from 600 hours to 720 hours per year depending upon the industry requirement.
Programme fees: Rs.84,000/-per annum
Examination fees: Rs.2,500/- per semester and Rs. 5000 per annum
Caution Deposit (Refundable): Rs.5000