Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Is the Bachelor degree programmes a Full time, Part time, Distance education programme?
Ans. The Bachelor programmes are a regular full time programme. All the Bachelor programmes at SVE are Work Integrated Training Programmes (WITP). This includes a combination of theoretical and practical components i.e. On the Job Training (OJT) at the Knowledge Partner for Skill Trainer's location.
2 . Are all Bachelor programmes offered at SVE, approved by UGC?
Ans. All the existing programmes are approved by UGC and are listed on UGC website at the link provided here: https://www.ugc.gov.in/pdfnews/3986236_NSQF-999-newly-approved-institutions.pdf. To find SVE programmes please search on row number 928 on Page no.79.
3. Does TISS-SVE offer any counselling services to enable candidates for selecting appropriate programmes for seeking admission?
Ans. TISS-SVE has developed its own Vocational Aptitude System (VAS). This will assist the candidates in selection of a programme according to their respective aptitudes.
4. Can a graduate apply for a Bachelor programme or is it advisable to apply for a PG Diploma programme?
Ans: If the graduate desires to pursue further education in the same stream, then P.G. Diploma in that stream is advisable. However, he/she can also apply for Bachelor in case he/she is contemplating a change in the discipline/stream of education.
5. Is it necessary to complete the Bachelor/BSc Programme in 3 consecutive years? Can the student take a break?
Ans: All Bachelor programmes allow multiple entry and exit after successful completion of each year/level (Certificate, Diploma, Degree). This feature enables the learner to seek employment after any year/ level of award and join back as and when feasible to upgrade the qualifications/skill competencies. Student need to complete Bachelor Degree within 4 years.
6. Can the student change the programme after completing the first year of Bachelor programme?
Ans. Yes. However, any change in programme requires students to begin from Year 1 (Diploma).
7. Can the student get admission to any SVE programme in any part of India?
Ans. Admission to any SVE program will depend upon the availability of the stakeholders in a particular location within India. The stakeholders include Service Providers as facilitators for running the programmes and Knowledge Partner for Skill Training for On the Job training opportunities.
8. Can the student pursue Masters in SVE?
Ans. As of now the School of Vocational Education is not offering any Masters programme. However, the student can apply for Masters from other universities or SVE as and when the same is offered.
9. Will the student get books/ study material?
Ans. For each course in any semester of the programme the student is pursuing, books/ study material shall be provided as soft copies and hard copies (wherever required).
10. Will the student be required to visit TISS campus at any point in time during the course of programme? How many days and how many times in a year will the student have to visit SVE campus?
Ans. Ideally each student will be required to undergo campus immersion at TISS Main Campus (Mumbai), or TISS off-campuses (Hyderabad/ Guwahati/ Tuljapur) once in each semester i.e. twice a year, preferably during the 1st year. Schedule will be shared in advance. However, SVE may consider clubbing both the visits into a single slot (scheduled once a year).
11. Does the programme fees include lodging and boarding facility, during campus immersion at SVE?
Ans. No. The student is required to arrange and pay for his/her lodging and boarding facilities. However, TISS-SVE will facilitate for the same.
12. Is it mandatory for the student to attend the campus immersion at the TISS campuses?
Ans. It is mandatory for all students to attend the campus immersion, as it's an integral part of any Institute/ University for academic programme delivery. This will also provide the student with an opportunity to experience being a part of the TISS fraternity and enjoy campus life.
13. What if the student wants to change her/his OJT location after one semester or anytime in the middle of the academic year?
Ans. The SVE does not permit change/s of OJT location mid-year in any programme. However, transfer of location for the same programme after completion of any academic year, could be entertained subject to availability of a running batch in the location of request.
14. Is the Bachelor degree valid for seeking admission for higher education in any university across India / abroad?
Ans. The Bachelor degree is at par with other undergraduate degrees approved by UGC. So, students who successfully complete the Bachelor programme are eligible for admission to higher education in any university, wherever the minimum qualification criteria is any graduate.
15. Can the student get any hostel facility in the OJT location ?
Ans. Student has to arrange for their own lodging and boarding facility in the OJT location. Student may however approach the local Service Provider appointed by TISS for assistance and information.
16. What are the student help-line numbers for enquiries/ admission related information?
Ans. Students can call at 022- 2552 5633 or 35 or Mob. No 8976640593/ 7710945578/ 7304805578 from Mon-Fri, 10 am - 6pm. They can also write an email to email@example.com for any assistance.
17. Are there any scholarships offered to students?
Ans: Yes. Scholarships will be periodically announced by SVE subject to availability.
18. How will the student get an update on the timetable, exam schedule and any other notification from SVE?
Ans. On confirmation of admission to any programme of SVE, each student shall be provided with a unique User ID and Password to access the student portal. This portal provides the student access to information related to time table, attendance, fee instalments, exam schedules, results etc. It will also provide direct links to the online reference material. Student can also connect with local Service Providers for the same or the concerned Vertical Manager at SVE.
19. Will the lectures be online or offline?
Ans: The lectures will be in a blended mode, a combination of online and offline/contact sessions. The schedule for online and offline/contact sessions shall vary from location to location. Attendance is mandatory for both online and offline/contact lectures.
20. What will be the timings for the online and offline/contact sessions?
Ans. The schedule of lectures both online and offline shall be made available to students in the student's portal.
21. In case of any queries regarding attendance, OJT, examinations etc. who would be the contact person for the students?
Ans. For any queries regarding attendance, OJT, examinations etc. the SVE appointed Onsite Supervisor/ Service Provider should be contacted. The student may also connect with the respective Vertical Manager looking after that programme.
22. Can On the Job Training (OJT) be considered in the organisation where I am working already?
Ans. Yes, provided practical training relevant to the programme/learning objectives is imparted by the organization. Additionally, the organization would also need to accept the terms and conditions of SVE and be willing to adhere to the academic guidelines laid down.
23. Will the student be eligible for a refund of the fees already paid if she/he wants to drop out?
Ans: As per the fee refund policy of SVE, if the student drops out before the commencement of the session, 100% of the amount received is refunded. A deduction of Rs. 1000 shall be made as processing fees in this case also. If the student drops out within one month of the commencement of the programme, only fifty percent of the amount received shall be refunded. If the student drops out after one month of the commencement of the programme, the student shall not be eligible for any refund whatsoever.
24. What is the medium of instruction and examination for SVE programmes?
Ans. English is the medium of instruction for programme delivery and examination at SVE.
25. What is the scope in terms of career opportunities after completion of Bachelor degree?
Ans. Since Bachelor is a work integrated training program (WITP), students completing this programme would have gained three years of work experience. This provides them with an edge over other graduates for job opportunities in the same sector.
26. Does SVE provide job placement guarantee?
Ans: Placement assistance will be facilitated locally through TISS empanelled service providers on the basis of student's merit and performance. However, SVE does not guarantee the same.
27. Can the student get a job after completion of first year of the Bachelor programme?
Ans. Yes. However, this differs from programme to programme on the basis of skill sets gained and demands of the sector, which is predefined by NSQF in the form of NOS.
28. How Knowledge Partner for Skill Training be Conducted:
a) All the students are admitted to different programmes offered by TISS-SVE through its admission link on the website.
b) Faculty of SVE will impart theoretical training at the location of the internship, before or after work hours, or during the weekends.
29. Who are the Knowledge Partner for Skill Training:
a) Leading Industries / Organizations in the specific sectors provide internship and practical training
30. Which is the Degree/Diplom/Certificate Awarding Institutions
a) All the Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates shall be awarded by TISS.
31. Who are the SKP/ Practical Training Facilator:
a) 12th standard passed Students interested in pursuing skill based education in vocational streams that can facilitate their entry into the job market.
b) Organizations interested in upgrading qualifications of employees by providing opportunity to enroll in a recognized vocational degree/diploma/certificate programme without having to leave their Jobs.
C) Organizations aiming to enhance retention, efficiency and productivity of the workforce.
d) Industries that employ part-time, temporary or seasonal workforce and are interested in enhancing skills through internship opportunities.
32. What is the benefit of pursuing SVE programmes?
a) 10 Carefully designed Internship Embedded Skill Training Programme to give high quality training in actual industry/ work settings.
b) 30 hours per week of practical training while on the Job or as Interns, with 12 hours per week of theoretical classes.
c) Knowledge Partner for Skill Training (KPST).
d) Examination and Certification by TISS-SVE with required rigour and high quality standards.
e) TISS branding makes Graduates stand out in the job market.